Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Signs of Life Amongst the Graves


I have been walking in the cemetery lately and during a recent lap noticed this bird's nest nestled in a safe spot. I didn't want to get too close. Visions of Hitchcock-like swooping mama birds ran through my mind...but I couldn't resist a few photos.



 
And so that got me thinking about all of the lovely flowers and trees and wildlife that make the cemetery their home. Like this guy, that I had been hearing peck-peck-pecking for a few days now. Finally, he was ready for his close-up.
 
 
And all of the gorgeous wildflowers (or weeds....)
 










And then one day, the Groundskeeper decided that it was time to tidy up the lawns and started to mow...but I know it is a matter of time until everything starts to get wild again. I am actually looking forward to it.

 
Until then, I'll be patient....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment