Monday, August 17, 2009

Flower power

One of the things that I really love about living here in the city is all of the flowers that you can buy from small shops on the street. I can think of about 5 different places off of the top of my head that are within a block or 2 of the apartment that have great flowers....flower shops, a kiosk, grocery stores... About a month ago, I bought a gardenia plant, with the advice from my mother to put it in a sunny spot. Well-following mom's advice has paid off, as I have 3 blooms on the plant right now and it is making the whole house smell wonderful...(thanks Mom!)

I think that I have bought more flowers in the past 4 months than in my entire life! But how can I refuse when there are so many choices? And, there's such variety-from field flower bunches to roses...and many to which I have not yet been properly introduced...

3 comments:

  1. Carey: This is your father speaking!!! With Tim's help I was able to open your blog and view the beautiful flowers. Worked great. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. i smiled when i read about the gardenia plant as it is my fave and never fails to make me happy. it is my #1 favorite scent. keep blogging, it makes me feel like you are not so far away. love the tale of the lady with the dog. how's the german coming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea...pretty...but where's the pictures of the YARN stores?? Now THAT is some beauty!! LOL!!

    Looking forward to going through your blog, beautiful pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete