Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Flat Stanley gets around

We get to live in a pretty cool place.  We also get to travel to other cool places.  So, when a friend of mine from home asked if we would help with a Flat Stanley (FS for short) project for her son, I gladly said yes!

We are a couple without children-for those of you who know me, you believe me when I say that I really do like other peoples' kids.  I try to be a good auntie, and I really won't hand them back to their parents unless there is a sticky nose....but I digress....

So when this friend asked if I would help wtih FS, I took my job seriously.  I printed out a new FS before each trip, making sure that he looked his best...as good as a hockey mask wearing, chainsaw toting guy can look.  I posted some examples of the finished product that I sent back to the US.  I thought that I would share, since I had a great time pulling FS out of my bag and taking pics of him in interesting and important places we visited.  It was fun and always brought a few snickers from other people with their serious cameras (I used my blackberry so I could send the pics via email right away) and their serious pictures.

So here for your viewing pleasure is the debut of Flat Stanley's world tour:

First stop: Amsterdam...

At the Anne Frank Haus

Amsterdam Central Station


Then off to Hong Kong...

FS at Victoria Peak

Hiking the Hong Kong Trail



Visiting the Big Buddha (Tian Tan Buddha)

And finally in my own back yard, Munich...

At the Hofbrauhaus

In front of the Rathaus with the Glockenspiel

We may have one or two more trips to bring FS along with us: to Manchester, UK and Switzerland skiing...so stay tuned...atleast FS packs light...

No comments:

Post a Comment