Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hong Kong Solo Exploration

After our first day in the sun in Hong Kong, the Hub had to go to work and I had to begin exploring!  Often when we tack on a little vacation to a business trip, I find myself alone in uncharted waters.  I usually scout out the city and then take him back to places that I have found, to eat yummy things I have sampled.... 

Like bubble tea!


On one of my adventures, I discovered what is called the "World's Largest Escalator"...it is actually a series of escalators that are connected and slowly bring you up the hill from just after the harbor.  Here are some shots of the escalator and also some sights you can view while riding..
.

On the way up, you pass this beautiful mosque-I got off and poked around a bit...






It was a tranquil place, nestled in the hillside...compared to the bustling city below!



...here you can see the line of covered escalators as I was looking downhill...


...check out  this cool bamboo scaffolding...it is what you see everywhere in the city-it's what they use when a building is being worked on...just shows you how strong bamboo really is!  We watched the guys putting up this scaffolding-climbing up with barely any safety harnesses....

 



These small incense houses are outside many of the shops in Hong Kong...with either candles or incense burning..a small offering to the retail gods?




Next Hong Kong installment: street markets!

No comments:

Post a Comment