Thursday, March 18, 2010

I swear that I am not turning this into a craft blog.....

But, I do think that I owe you an explanation for what I have been doing...since blogging doesn't seem to be it...

Now before you think that I have gone completely off my rocker, let me just say that the Hub lost his scarf in Frankfurt or somewhere like that on one of his travels...and I had been feeling the itch to knit...ugh...I know...but it served a dual purpose...I was able to hand craft a nice (maybe) birthday gift that maybe he will not lose, and frankly, I can wear it too!

My grandmother, Florence (Flossie) Gertrude Norris Solmose ( my goodness-the poor woman had the longest name on earth-and the most old fashioned, right?  Nobody-I mean nobody names a child Florence or Gertrude for that matter....let alone both names!) taught me to knit when I was probably 6 or maybe 7 years old.  She was an amazing knitter-an artist, really.  We all have favorite sweaters that she made for us over the years-Icelandic wool, baby sweaters, coat cardigans-and even some of our spouses have been fortunate enough to have had one knitted for them...anyhow, I knit the Hub a scarf-to channel some of that good Flossie energy and to prove to myself that I could do it...and I did!

Hub's birthday is March 27.  Finished it with over 10 days to spare....whew.....

But don't think that I am going to go all crafty on you....I'm baaaaacccckkkkkk!





1 comment: