Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A tisket, a tasket...I really want a basket...


Okay, so I may embellish a tiny bit here, but not about these fabulous baskets.  I covet these baskets.  I want one of these...I mean I really REALLY want one of these...one that will fit into the back wire mesh basket on my bike that I can pop out for picnics (yeah, right) or for marketing. I want to skip to the market and pretend I am Judy Garland or someone in a musical....too much Glee?  Maybe...but take a look and you decide for yourself.  It's the little things after all.

One of the things I really admire about our host country is that they are very environmentally conscious.  There are markets dedicated to Bio grown foods and household products...(a bit more rustic than the Whole Foods we are used to...but who really needs to buy LeCreuset in their Bio market-really?) and in the regular markets there is a well stocked Bio section of produce and other goods.  The idea of re-usable market bags and baskets is alive and well here.  You see men and women skipping off (ok, not really skipping) to the market with baskets that look like they should be in the Easter Parade.  Not my man, though...the hub is very particular about his market bags. He doesn't like anything with decoration-just plain canvas, thank you very much. I bought a few here at the "drugstore" before our things came, and apparently, they were a little too girlie.  He won't use them.  I have since moved on to these great ones I found at Ikea-all cotton, long handles (which he won't use over the shoulder, but I do), and will hold as many beer and wine bottles as you can stuff in them!

I don't fault him in his market bag choosiness...after all, he doesn't mind walking to the market with a woman skipping next to him flailing a new lovely basket, right?

1 comment:

  1. You are to funny and sure gived your Aunt a good laugh after a stressful day at work. Glad Mom and Dad had such a wonderful time with you and Robert. Wish I could of spent more time after they came back, waiting for all the pics that they took. Love to you and Robert. A. J.

    ReplyDelete