Friday, June 11, 2010

May=Visitors

They say that April showers bring May flowers.  This year, May showers brought us lots of visitors!  And ugh!  did it rain...I think that we had over 20 days in May in a row with rain. Who would have thought?  Last year, May was balmy and warm-I remember, because our container had not arrived yet and all I had were woolies because March had been so blustery that is all I packed. In 2009, June was the bad month-not this year, May and June did a secret rainy swap.  Blah.  Thank goodness we had lots of family and friends here to keep us cheery!



In the beginning of the month my parents came to town.  Here they are cheesing it up for me at Andechs-note the crispy pork knuckle in the foreground?  We had a lovely time, but not lovely weather...so we did some Munich things that we could enjoy indoors:  the Residenz, and a visit to Nymphenburg Schloss, the palace that is within the city limits. My parents were such good sports:


But, I did get to spend Mother's Day in Italy with my Mom...which was wonderful!  While they were here, the Hub traveled for business during the first week.  We went to Bolzano, Italy for the weekend in the middle and had nice weather there.  During the second week, the rain in Munich didn't let up-but we didn't let that stop us-off to Salzburg for a day, to Garmisch to visit the highest peak in Germany, the Zugspitze and then a trip to see the castles-Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein.

My mother even got into not one, but 2 cable cars...although she is afraid of heights!


And we bought dad the bavarian-style hat I had been wanting to get for him...


He is looking pretty dapper, huh?  All in all, a good trip.  It was great to have them here-to show them our place, a little of my German skill, and what our life looks like on a daily basis.  We took it easy that first week and then ran around during the second, sending them home a little worn out, but with a lot of great photos and memories! 

1 comment:

  1. We did indeed have a wonderful time, weather
    is miner when you are with the one's you love.
    Am looking forward to a return soon..Keep the
    light on!!!!!!
    Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete