Friday, June 4, 2010

Chirp, chirp.....


In my not so distant past life, I was a District Manager for a major kitchen and home retailer.  I had 10 stores in 3 states and 2 time zones.....so the weekly conference call was an important way to get the same message across to all of my stores and management teams.  But, I never wanted it to be a one-way call.  Ideas and inspiration from the stores was something that I was always looking for.

During a call, when I would ask a question, for status, or just input there would some times be silence.  I would say, okay crickets...someone needs to give me something here.  That's when the participants would stop writing the schedule for the next week or filing their nails or eating their lunch that they pushed off until the conference call time slot and again become a part of the call.

So now I say to you.....okay crickets...I have noticed that you haven't been commenting lately...tell me what you want to hear about (or don't want to hear about!)...if I have been writing about traveling too much or haven't been posting enough...let me know. If you want more pictures or fewer pictures or more words or fewer words...let me know. In several posts I have asked questions thinking you might respond and also because I am really interested in what you think.  

If you lurk about reading and haven't signed up as a follower yet, please know that here, following is a good thing! And, your comments can be left too-just leave me a signature to let me know you stopped by and what you are interested in knowing!

Give me some feedback-I definitely don't want to make this a one way conversation, although the nature of a blog is somewhat one way directionally...but I am interested in blogging about what you want to hear about!  Let me be your ace reporter if I can.  Looking forward to hearing what you want to know about!  Thanks, in advance to you all, dear readers!


5 comments:

  1. I read this one last, after making comments on your other posts! I like to use this during a chat where the person doesn't answer *crickets*

    Anyway, I have the same issue from time to time with my blog and with my Yelp reviews. It's mostly because I am inconsistent about how often I post. I have a few (very few) loyal friends who will check no matter what and how long it's been, and even give me a gentle reminder from time to time. I have vowed to post at least a few times a week, but what usually happens is that I get in a writing mood and post a bunch at once. When I am writing a lot and consistently is when I get the most comments. Hope that helps, Carey-girl! Love your writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, *crickets*

    ha ha just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! thanks Liz! And I do know that that bug looks more like a caterpillar than a cricket, but I had limited time... :o]

    ReplyDelete
  4. The other thing I wanted to tell you is that I have a bunch of readers who never comment. I often feel like I am writing to outer space, but then someone will mention a blog post, or say how much they like reading my blog and I am always kind of shocked. So I bet you have some silent readers out there! And I think he totally looks like a cricket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carey,I have enjoyed your blog, you keep all of us here at home updated and very well informed. Your pictures are beautiful and so special to all of us who have not had the good fortune to do a lot of trveling. Thank you so much. Love Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete