Friday, February 4, 2011

Week three of cooking at home

The Hub was out of town for meetings this week, starting in London and then off-site meetings that were local but also involved over-night stays.  I decided to stay at home this week, as his meeting involved only one over-night stay in London.  For me, that's like eating only one chip out of the bag!  Impossible!  And, expensive.  We are going on a big trip this month...more about that to come, and I also wanted to save our money for that.

So, I have only cooked once this week at home so far...when he is out of town I tend to eat pudding or popcorn for dinner...so bad, I know.  This week I cooked Spicy honey mustard pork loin for dinner with potatoes and carrots on the side, cooked at the last step of the recipe when I added them to the roasting pan and they cooked while absorbing all of the spicy honey and pork goodness.  Instead of pepper for the spicy part of this recipe, I used a meat seasoning that rounded out the flavors really nicely and was delicious with the vegetables.  So good and so easy.  Pork is really accessible here, so this recipe is a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment