Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Australia Part One: Melbourne

We have been home for almost a week and after doing a pretty good job at leaving you all with blogs to read while we were away (if I do say so myself....), I have been doing a pretty poor job at posting since we have been back.  Blame it on the jet lag.  On the long air travel.  Or the mounds of laundry.  I've got no good excuses, but a lot of them!

So, here are a few pictures of our time in wonderful Melbourne, where the sun was intense and the SPF slathered on liberally!  We were in Melbourne the longest time because the Hub had a business meeting there.  We stayed in an area called St. Kilda, with great proximity to a beach, an old theater, an amusement park and Acland Street with all of the wonderful cake shops:

St Kilda Pier

Sausage roll and a cuppa!

The City of Melbourne through sailboats

The Palais Theatre

 
Luna Park

An old lookout at St. Kilda beach
Flinders Street Station




Under the Clocks is a popular meeting point

Fitzroy and Collingwood neighborhoods reminded me of New Orleans

this hotel must have been gorgeous in it's heyday


 
Fitzroy Gardens-a large park in the city center

The Fairy Tree

My favorite part-with the red capped mushrooms!




Acland Street with it's cake shops

Some of the delicious desserts-it was hard to choose!

We loved Melbourne!

I have so much more Australia to share with you, but I promise that I won't drag it out too much.  We have a lot of pics in Melbourne because we were there for 9 days.  More to come, including the cool graffiti scene here (saved for another graffiti oriented post).  Next up, The Great Ocean Road!  Come back!

PS: I apologize for some of the wonky placement of photos and the random phantom white square hanging out in between two of the photos.  Blogger is making me crazy with how difficult it is to edit...so I am asking for forgiveness before I go crazy trying to fix it, as I have had to rework the post several times already!

No comments:

Post a Comment