Thursday, May 5, 2011

Window Boxes

So much has been going on that has been newsworthy in the past week:  news of a prince's nuptials and a really bad guy's demise dominated the television.  Honestly, I couldn't watch the review of the the towers of the World Trade Center coming down one more time or the destruction of the Pentagon...although the Royal Wedding coverage was fun, it was beginning to wear thin on me.  So I tuned out and turned off the telly and decided to get busy doing something productive....


I planted the guest room window box.  This year I decided to go bold with 2 kinds of deep red geraniums.  I always plant the guest room window box with flowers so that it is cheerful and welcoming for our guests...and maybe will lure some to stay over!  The kitchen window box is planted with herbs and lavender.  The basil in the kitchen planter has already died.  I am finding out that basil is not nearly as hearty as the mint, rosemary, thyme and strawberries that I planted with it.  So, basil gets to stay inside in it's own little pot.  Everyone else, though seems to be doing pretty well.  Let's hope for some continued sun and warmer days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment