Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Munich revisited

So..............

You have probably noticed that the blog has taken on a traveling reference as of late...when I started to write down what was happening in my new life in Munich, I was understandably all consumed with our  life here.  It is a fact that I didn't leave Munich much last year at all.  I didn't go back to the States with the Hub when he passed through for work, nor did I go home on my own.  I had Bailey the Dog to take care of, and learning German and how to get through my days here was adventure enough for me. I was in Germany (or close) from April through mid-December. Christmas break was the first time that we packed Bailey up and took her to the Hund Hotel for a week and I left Munich for any days strung together.

I have now been here for one year!  My official arrival anniversary was April 4th.  Last year and this year that was Easter weekend.  A year ago on that weekend, I woke up to a new city, a new language and no job... I didn't have any clue about the adventure that was ahead of me.  It has been absolutely wonderful.  I have enjoyed so much about the ex-pat life and what I found challenging, I made sure I learned something from the experience.

This year on April 4th we were in Thailand.  How things have changed!  We are now a petless couple and can pick up and leave at a moment's notice.  It still feels strange and I miss her everyday. But Bailey's gift to me was helping me get through that crucial first year-and I feel so fortunate to have had that time with my girl. 

We are back to the normalcy (what there is of it!) of our every day lives here.  I continue to find my way as best I can, am planning on getting back into Language School soon, and find others here to befriend who are in the same boat as we are. We will travel as much as we can this year, and for that I am both excited and apologetic...but I promise to keep the Munich alive on this blog.  I mean, really, there is so much that is funny or interesting that goes on around me or happens to me-the blog will not completely turn travel oriented.  But I do appreciate the flexibility that you all have afforded me.  Please continue to read and share the journey...no matter where it takes us, ok?

In that spirit, here are some funny things I have spotted around Munich in the past few months and have been storing up and waiting to share with you.  In no particular order, of course...








Back to your regularly scheduled pretzel.....

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the little girl - I guess that doesn't mean the same thing as it means here? ;)

    ReplyDelete