Monday, April 26, 2010

The volcanic ash cloud has been keeping me away from my computer....


Well, this is actually true...I was caught in London for 6 extra days on my own due to the closure of the airports...6 wonderfully sunny days all by my self in London...honestly, it was great!  As many travelers were "stuck" in places that they might not have wanted to be (train stations, airports and the like), I was in a country where I could speak the language (well, not the Queen's English, but you get the idea) and the hotel kept letting me extend my reservation.  I honestly couldn't think of a better way to get caught up in London.....


And, although the huge ash cloud did a good job of disabling all of Europe, the sun was shining and the people of London were most friendly.  Similar to after 9/11, everyone had a commonality-a story to tell of being caught in London or knowing someone caught somewhere.  Shopkeepers were wonderful, taxi drivers completely conversational and I had a lovely time.

 

It is worth mentioning that the last time I was in London was a complete disaster.  It rained and was cold and dreary...and miserable.  London and I had broken our love affair...this was the healing trip.  London treated me to wonderful sunshine and 60 degree weather every day that I was delayed.  I felt safe and taken care of...and was given the gift of time..a fact which allowed me to visit places outside the city like Bath and Hampton Court.


Needless to say, London and I are back on.....

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love London and I am so glad that you two have made up!

    ReplyDelete