Friday, April 9, 2010

SPARGEL SEASON!


Yes, dear friends, Spargel Season is just getting under way here in Munich...for a limited time, the white, thick asparagus delicacy is appearing in the fruit and veggie stands all over town once more.  This is a true herald of Spring!




Spargel is kept buried until harvested, so it never turns green...what it is buried under, well, you might not want to know if you will be eating it (manure...).  But if you do fancy a taste test, the Hollandaise mix is right there next to it...seems rather monochromatic to me, but to each their own!  No matter, Spargel is fun to say and was my first German word.  For that, it will always have a place in my heart....so say it with me with some gusto: SPARGEL!

ps: my mother right now is wondering who in their right mind would by a Hollandaise sauce mix, when it is so easy to make...hey-I never said they were good cooks here...

No comments:

Post a Comment