Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chinese Tower/Chinesicher Turm Christmas Market

The Christmas market season has begun here in Munich!  This is the time of the year that the snow begins to fall, the air is filled with the aroma of roasted chestnuts and sugared almonds, and Gluehwein!  The Hub and I ventured out on the first weekend to a few markets...here are some pics from one of my favorites in the English Garden-The Chinese Tower Christmas Market.  I do have a few favorite markets-and instead of lumping them all into one post, I hope that you will bear with me while I show you them separately.

I like certain markets for different reasons...and one of the reasons that I like this one is certainly the festively decorated Chinese Tower, but also the delightful Gluehwein that is served in really cute mugs this year:
St. Niklaus made an appearance, handing out fruit bread (?) from his burlap sack.  He was a little creepy....but the kiddos seemed to love it!  I kept thinking about the kids back at home who won't sit on the jolly joyful Santa's lap.  This guy might not fare so well in the US...
I also like this market for one of the vendors that I befriended last year.  She sells felted goods and is my main supplier of boiled wool felt boot insoles.  Toasty warm are your tootsies when you have these babies tucked in your boots!  She is also the one that sold to me the cute felt balls that I used on my Christmas tree as garland last year.
Had to take a picture of these very Bavarian looking gents who were also enjoying the market: 
Cheers all!  Chinese Tower in the backround-can you make out the gold bell ornaments on it?
The only things that makes this almost-finished mug of Gluehwein ok is the cute little strawberry heart and knowing that I can come back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment