Friday, January 21, 2011

Local Color

I have been noticing this graffiti lately around my neighborhood and think it is quite fascinating.  It makes me stop when I see it, and before you know it, I have my trusty blackberry out and am snapping pics...enjoy and let me know if you are as taken with it...



Ok, she is sort of menacing with her sword and all...but I hope that you find it as interesting as I do.....where else would you find street art with Lederhosen and a Mass of bier?  I am sure that there will be more popping up here in the city and I will continue to snap a pic, to share with you.


4 comments:

  1. These are fantastic. I absolutely love graffiti and photograph it whenever I can - these are especially good ones. Those hearts at the bottom are both cute and edgy. Love it! Have you seen the movie Exit Through the Gift Shop? It's about Banksy and other graffiti artists and this fascinating art form, and I think you would really like it. Keep the pics coming, love em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I am so glad that you like them too...I actually have a post started with some pics of graffiti I have taken while on trips...will have to get it finished and post. Although, will it ever really be finished? So many cities, so little time! :o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite cities for graffiti so far have been Barcelona and Berlin. But it seems that it's everywhere now, and each city has its own unique style. Looking forward to that post! You can always do it in parts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some great examples in your quest. I am always pleased when I find some really talented graffiti. It's out there.

    ReplyDelete