Saturday, April 9, 2011

MediNait

I would like to introduce you to my new best friend:

NYQUIL!
Aaaaaaah, Nyquil....well, at least the German equivalent. 

So, the Hub returns from a week of traveling and business meetings with a nasty cold, revealing that one of his colleagues who sat next to him on the flight to Sweden and then in their meetings has been diagnosed with pneumonia. This colleague was nice enough to cough all over the Hub and share the nasty little germ that turned into his pneumonia.  Gee, thanks Buddy.

Let's just say that last weekend, the first gorgeous weekend of the year incidentally, was a wash.  The Hub was laid up in the apartment, all pitiful like, and I was Frau Nursemaid.  Don't get me wrong, I hate seeing him sick and would do anything to help him get better.  I even went to the Apotheke for him! Even with my strong opinions (read fear) of the Apotheke and having to blurt out all of your ailments to the Pharmacist person (in German) as detailed in this previous post .

We really needed to get him well as quickly as possible because he was headed back to the States this week for meetings and stopping off to see his mom who is in her eighties.  Getting her sick is not an option.  He can't even have a sniffle when he goes to see her.

So, off to the store I went...and look what I found lurking on the shelf behind the Pharmacist person...our old friend Nyquil.  Now, you can change packaging, you can call yourself MediNait and your maker Wick, but you can't hide that beautiful blue/green hue...

Of course, the Pharmacist person told me that this product was to suppress his symptoms and also sold me some foul tasting stuff to solve them.  But out of the store I skipped, with the goods in hand.  The Hub spent a weekend in bed and took his medicine when I doled it out to him and was able to travel for the whole week, including his trip to the US at the end of the week.

Leaving me behind, with his cold, of course.  Ugh.  At least I have the Nyquil to myself.....

No comments:

Post a Comment